Popular Voyeur Simulator ‘Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099’ to Hit Steam on March 9th, 2023
Trailer makes debut at 40th Golden Joystick Awards
It’s 2099, and The Primate Observation Club is stronger than ever. The world has morphed into a retro-futuristic dystopia where spying is not just prevalent but, most importantly, even more entertaining. Welcome to Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099: a digital voyeur simulator that combines narrative, investigation, surveillance, and resource management.
London, United Kingdom - Wednesday 23rd November 2022 – Having made a splash at the 40th Golden Joystick Awards last night in London, Fictiorama Studios can today confirm Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099 - the sequel to popular digital voyeur simulator Do Not Feed the Monkeys - will launch on Steam on March 9th, 2023.
Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099 picks up when its predecessor left off, charging players with becoming master voyeurs as they spy on strangers through security cameras, observing and analysing every aspect of their (frankly bizarre) day-to-day lives. It’s a satirical preview of a potential future we may all be sleepwalking into, where our most intimate secrets serve as currency and titillation for our lords and masters.
For those eager to get an early glimpse of Fictiorama Studios’ vision of the years ahead, the good news is a brand new Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099 demo is now available on Steam, offering up to an hour of action to play for free.
Said demo will let players get to grips with Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099’s gameplay loop, tasking them with investigating subjects’ activities, scanning their lives, and forming vital connections between everything they do in the midst of a future where the technological invasion in our lives has gathered even more pace. In this brand-new world, everyone’s a suspect and everyone’s on your watch. In short, if you’ve ever wanted a warts-and-all look at the ins and outs of your everyday oddballs, this is the job for you.
“It’s really exciting to be able to offer gamers their first chance to play Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099,” offers Luis Oliván, co-founder of Fictiorama Studios. “We’ve kept this sequel faithful to the original, and our existing fans will understand just what 2099 is all about very quickly, but there are new toys for them to play with this time around. There are lots of exciting things .”
Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099 will feature:
- A Dystopian Dreamland: It’s 2099, and alien knowledge has caused rapid advancements in technology to the point that big corporations now sponsor planets. Stripped of resources, Earth is now a wasteland and humanity has spread across the galaxy. Humans, robots, and aliens now live side by side.
- Next-gen Spying Tools: The MonkeyVision app helps you manage hidden cameras and monitor cages. Make observations and search the internet to learn more about each subject. Need more cameras? Pick up side jobs for money whilst avoiding that wacky conspiracy theorist next door.
- Fresh Technology: Gone are the days of surveillance solitude. OmniPals are artificial intelligence represented by holograms that act as company promoters. They act as another window into the outside world and may offer some other handy functions.
- End-Game Content: Once you've finished the game, new and exciting features, such as a Fast Forwarding ability or a peephole so that you get a sneak peek at who's knocking on your door, will be available. Who knows what other rewards await you!
- Absolutely No Monkey Feeding: Become familiar with the subjects and you might get the chance to interact with them. Hack security systems, make threatening phone calls, or even put your own flavour in an unusual beverage. But then forget all those things, because that's against Club rules!
Do Not Feed the Monkeys 2099 is a sequel to the award-winning game Do Not Feed the Monkeys, and will launch on Steam on March 9th, 2023.
About Fictiorama Studios
Fictiorama Studios is an indie game studio located in Madrid, founded by three brothers (Mario, Alberto, and Luis Oliván) united by their devotion to narrative-driven games. In addition, two of the Oliván brothers are members of the alternative rock band Kovalski, which performed the soundtrack for Fictiorama’s first game, Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today.
About Joystick Ventures
Joystick Ventures partners with talented investors and developers to build thriving studios that release visionary games. We personalize every aspect of our collaboration, empowering you to shape your own success. You’re in control of your game; we give you the guidance necessary to get stellar results.